The objective of the Anson Jones Guidance and Counseling Department is to assist all students with the knowledge and skills necessary for healthy development. We visit with students in the classroom, individually, and in small groups applying the Northside Guidance and Counseling Program's four components:
- Guidance Curriculum: to help students develop their full potential, including the student's interests and career objectives.
- Responsive Services: to intervene on behalf of any student whose immediate personal concerns or problems put the student's continued educational, career, personal, or social development at risk.
- Individual Planning: to guide a student as the student plans, monitors and manages the student's own educational, career, personal and social development.
- System Support: to support the efforts of teachers, staff, parents, and other members of the community in promoting the educational, career, personal, and social development of students.
We recognize that parents, school personnel and the community each have important roles to play and valuable resources to contribute in assisting students with their development. We look forward to assisting you and your student.
A Community of Excellence
What information needs to be told to parents and/or school officials?
Any situation involving:
- Harm to self
- Harm to others/Abuse
- Pregnancy/Sexual Contact
- Campus Safety Issues
- Information requested by valid subpoena