Coke Stevenson Middle School Library
Check Out Policy:
- Students may check out two books at a time.
- Overdue notices are distributed to students through their Reading class.
- If a student has an overdue book, their account is blocked until the overdue book or books are cleared.
- Students are not charged an overdue fine.
- Students must pay for lost or damaged library books.
- If a student pays for a lost book and the book is later found and returned to the library in good condition, monies are refunded.
- Computer use is governed by NISD Acceptable Use Policy as written in the Student Handbook.
- Internet users are required to have an AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) on file - form signed by the student's parent or legal guardian. However, if the form is not acknowledged, it defaults to "Yes" they accept.
- When a student logins to an NISD computer, the student must have a Username and a Password.
- Username: s plus the student's 6-digit student id#.
- Password: First 4 letters of the student's last name and last 4-digits of the student's social secuity #.
- Inappropriate use of an NISD computer may result in disciplinary action.
- Students have access to online databases that include netTrekker, ProQuest, and World Book Online.
- These resouces are accesible from school and home. However, to access from home, a "Remote" username and password are needed. Every student at Stevenson received a three-hole punched handout designed by the librarian and distributed through Reading classes with a complete list of Northside ISD Online Databases. The handout also includes the Username and Password logins required for Remote Access.
- Handouts are also available in the front office, the counselors office, and the library.
- For more information, please contact the librarian at 210-397-7333 or email: email@example.com