Rawlinson Core Beliefs
At Rawlinson Middle School we believe the following:
We believe that we as educators are contributors to student success.
We believe that we should maintain a safe, supportive, and accepting learner -centered environment.
We believe that all students can learn and attain personal and educational growth.
We believe effective communication and collaboration among teachers, students, and administration is necessary to create a positive learning climate.
T-TH: 8th grade History Fair
7th Grade Texas History
My name is Kelli Potter and I teach 7th grade Texas History. This is my twelveth year at Rawlinson Middle School and my fifteenth year teaching. I received my Bachelors degree from Southwest Texas State University in Political Science with a concentration in Public Administration.
In my spare time, you can find me with my family, which includes my son Cooper, and my three dogs, Lucy, Emma, and Jackson, enjoying the “Great Outdoors”. I also love to travel, read, and spend time with family and friends. I am “obsessed” with History and constantly “digging for the truth” behind all the myths about important events, people, and places. I can often be found watching the History Channel, visiting a local landmark, or perusing through the History section at the local bookstore.
I look forward to teaching you this year and hope that you come to love history as much as I do!
8:30-9:20 1st period
9:25-10:10 2nd period
10:15-11:00 3rd period (Conference)
11:05-11:35 FLEX *
11:40-12:05 1st half of 4th period
12:40-1:10 2nd half of 4th period
1:15-2:00 5th period
2:05-2:50 6th period
2:55-3:40 7th period
RAWLINSON MIDDLE SCHOOL
SOCIAL STUDIES DEPT. GRADING POLICY
- 1. 50% Major Grades/50% Minor Grades
- 2. 2 Grades per week.
- 3. 2 Major grades per six week grading period. One major grade by the end of the 3rd week, and one major grade by the end of the 5th week in any grading period.
- 4. Late Work:
- a. Minor Work – work turned in after due date will have 25 points deducted from total grade.
- b. Major Work – 10 points will be deducted for each day late with a maximum possible grade of 50%.
- c. All late work must be turned in by the last Tuesday of the grading period to allow time to grade and record.
- 5. Re-teach/retake – Any student receiving a grade below mastery level on a major assessment will be given the opportunity for a re-take after attending a re-teach session. Student can receive up to mastery level grade on re-take.