Hello my name is Mr. Roach and I will be your Texas History teacher this year. I am looking forward to having a great year with you.
*EDMODO* I will be using edmodo to communicate assignments and class handouts this year. It is very important that all students and parents sign up for this free website. Some benefits include: email alerts for up coming tests and easier access to all class materials. I will be sending home a parent later about edmodo with students and a copy can be found on my campus website under class handouts. The web address for edmodo is www.edmodo.com.
I will also be using remind to send alerts about upcoming assignments and tests. To sign up for alerts please text the following codes to (619) 567-7420
TX History: @9656c
TX History PreAP: @923fe2
- B.S.E. Clarion University, Clarion, PA
- Secondary Education Social Studies
- Minor in Athletic Coaching
- (210) 397-4962 x. 73214
- Class Schedule
- 1st - 7th grade Boys Athletics
- 2nd - TX History
- 3rd - Conference: 10:15 - 11:00
- FLEX -
- Intervention -
- 4th - TX History \ Lunch \ TX History
- 5th - TX History
- 6th - TX History
- 7th - 8th Grade Boys Athletics
- Grading Policy
- 50% Major Grades
- Assignments turned in late will lose 10% per day to a maximum of 50% taken off.
- 50% Minor Grades
- Late work will be accepted for a 75%, but must be turned in by the last Tuesday of each 6 weeks.
- Extra Credit Assignments: There will be a weekly discussion topic posted on edmodo that students may reply to for extra credit. Replies must be made in the week of the discussion topic for students to get the extra credit.
- Students may retake Tests and quizzes after attending a reteach session.
- Tutoring is by appointment only
At Rawlinson Middle School we believe the following:
We Believe that all students can learn.
We Believe educators are essential to student success.
We Believe effective communication and collaboration is necessary to create a positive learning environment.
We Believe in a challenging learner-centered environment.