Hello my name is Mrs. Tomasino I am the librarian at Rhodes. The library is open from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. At Rhodes Elementary our library mission is to instill in students a life long love of reading and the ability to find relevant information for their research. We encourage reading through the following incentives and program.
- The Accelerated Reader program
- The Bluebonnet Program for students in Third through Fifth grades.
- The Reading Raptor program for students in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten.
- The Six Flags Read to Succeed Program for students in Kindergarten - Fifth grade.
- Two Book Fairs
- Authors, Illustrators and Presenters visits.
- Fun Reading Events during Children's Book Week.
- By popular demand the Dunk A Thon will be back this year.
We do checkout five books to parents and are happy to assist them in finding books for their children. Our school phone number is 397-4033. We look forward to meeting parents through out the school year.
Parents, if you or your children have special book that you would like to see added to our library, Click here to email me.