English III-AP and Dual Credit
Welcome to English III-Advanced Placement and Dual Credit courses for the 2012-2013 school year. My name is Mr. Jones. These courses focus on the development of several skills and growth in language, specifically the use of language to convey an argument. Below are some of the objectives we will cover over the year:
- to learn how to develop, design, and create an argumentative essay;
- use appropriate research skills;
- to paraphrase and summarize, fairly and accurately, the ideas of others;
- to support a thesis with the works of others, well assimilated and appropriately documented, in a series of essays;
- to apply the principles of the writing process with an understanding of voice, purpose, and audience;
- to revise essays in response to comments from others so that improvement is evident to readers;
- to understand the connection between thought and language, the concepts that govern usage, and the various criteria for determining correctness and appropriateness of language in a given rhetorical situation; and
- to engage in several modes of writing with argumentative and persuasive texts.
I look forward to working with your child this year. It is always a pleasure to watch my students grow into mature, thoughtful and productive adults--the next leaders of America. Have a great year!
I would like to give you a little information regarding the gradebook. If a "grade (100)," a "missing (M)," or an "incomplete (I)," is not entered in the gradebook, then I have NOTGRADED or ENTERED an evaluation of that assignment.
I post the assignments for the Six Weeks early so the students are aware of what they will be graded on and due dates. However, until I enter a "grade" or a "missing" or an "incomplete," then I have not graded the assignment. So, if all you see is a blank, rest easy, it will be entered once it is graded.
Period 1 8:45 - 9:39 Room A210 English III-AP/Dual Credit
Period 2 9:45 - 10:34 Room A210 Conference
Period 3 10:40 - 11:29 Room A210 English III-AP/Dual Credit
Period 4 11:35 - 12:24 Room A210 Creative Writing/Literary Magazine
Period 5 12:30 - 1:19 Lunch
Period 6 1:25 - 2:14 Room A210 English III-AP/Dual Credit
Period 7 2:20 - 3:09 Room A210 English III-AP
Period 8 3:15 - 4:05 Room A210 English III-AP
Monday -Wednesday 5th period in A210
Or by Appointment before school.