Home of the MIGHTY FALCONS!!
My goal as a Special Education Support Teacher is twofold:
* To be supportive with students as they experience success in math, reading and language arts
* To be supportive and engaging with students as they gain strength in their self-confidence, self-esteem and personal responsiblity in their learning.
I have been a school teacher for 30 years now--teaching mostly in elementary, 2 years in middle school, and 3 years in high school.
I have also worked as a Mental Health Counselor for 6 years with adolescents and young adults.
For the past thirteen years here at McDermott, I have specifically served children identified as Special Education Students with behavioral issues and/or children struggling with their learning in Math, Reading, and Writing. The latest adventure has been serving as a co-teacher in a collaborative classroom with special needs students.
* a BA in Elementary Education with a minor in English
* three M. A. 's --one in Mental Health Counseling with a Specialization in Substance Abuse and Sexual Abuse, one in theology, one in adolescent growth and development
* fishing, landscaping, music, and biking