Department: Fine Arts
Level: Art I and Art II
Education: University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Science in Advertising, 1980
Graduate Studies: Our Lady of the Lake University, Webster University
Professional Associations: San Antonio Art Educators Association, Texas Art Educators Asssociation
Art Department - Art Level I - Mission Statement
Students should know, understand, be able to do: Express their thoughts and ideas creatively, while challenging their imagination, fostering reflective thinking, and developing disciplined efforts and problem-solving skills through the four basic strands: perception, creative expression/performance, historical and cultural heritage, and critical evaluation.
Students should know, understand and be able to:
1. Create visual solutions by elaborating on direct observation, experiences and imagination.
2. Create designs for practical applications.
3. Demonstrate effective use of art media and tools in design, drawing, painting, printmaking and sculpture.
4. Demonstrate development of time management skills and implementation of project deadlines.
5. Demonstrate understanding and adherence of classroom/district school policies in classroom behaivor and safety policies.