Mrs. Garcia is currently beginning her 8th year of teaching at Hobby MS. She graduated from University of Texas San Antonio in 2007 earning a Bachelor of Music in Education.
The Choir program at Hobby Middle School provides students the opportunity to perform great music from various time periods and cultures while learning sight-reading skills, music theory, and music history. Learning to sing independently and in a group develops psycho-motor, visual, and aural skills. Students also learn important life skills such as respect, self-confidence, team work, independence and responsibility.
Here are some reasons for being a part of Hobby Choir:
• Studies show that students who take vocal music excel better in their studies.
• Vocal music gives you a positive self-image and a feeling of confidence and self-worth.
• Students will develop an understanding, respect, appreciation, and love for music.
• Vocal students will learn self-discipline, self-control, and a sense of responsibility.
• Best of all, vocal music gives you a "sense of belonging" to a peer group dedicated to excellence throughout your middle school years.
Whether you like to sing in the shower or have dreams of singing for the theatre or becoming a rock star, there is a place for you in the Hobby Choir Department.
*Every 6th grade girl and men's choir member will need a 1 inch binder for choir daily along with their sharpened pencil and respected music.
*Every 7th and 8th grade girl member will need a 1/2 inch binder for choir daily along with their sharpened pencil and respected music.
*ALL students MUST be standing at their assignment spot on the risers before the tardy bell rings.
*Repesct yourself and members of your team.
*NO gum or food chewing allowed in the classroom.
*Practice Logs Due Every Monday.
Mrs. Garcia's Schedule
8:30-9:15am Beginning Treble Choir
9:20-10:05am Men's Choir
10:10-10:55am Advanced Treble Choir
12:25-1:10pm Beginning Treble Choir
1:15-2:00pm Intermediate Treble Choir
2:05-2:50pm Men's Choir
2:55-3:40pm Beginning Treble Choir