Mrs. Garcia is currently beginning her 7th year of teaching at Hobby MS. She graduated from University of Texas San Antonio in 2007 earning a Bachelor of Music in Education.
The vocal music program at Hobby Middle School provides students the opportunity to perform great music from various time periods and cultures while learning sight-reading skills, music theory, and music history. Learning to sing independently and in a group develops psycho-motor, visual, and aural skills. Students also learn important life skills such as respect, self-confidence, team work, independence and responsibility.
Here are some reasons for being a part of Hobby Vocal Music:
• Studies show that students who take vocal music excel better in their studies.
• Vocal music gives you a positive self-image and a feeling of confidence and self-worth.
• Students will develop an understanding, respect, appreciation, and love for music.
• Vocal students will learn self-discipline, self-control, and a sense of responsibility.
• Best of all, vocal music gives you a "sense of belonging" to a peer group dedicated to excellence throughout their middle school years.
Whether you like to sing in the shower or have dreams of singing for the theatre or becoming a rock star, there is a place for you in the Hobby Vocal Music Department.
6th Grade Computer Lit.-7th Period